With the vision to ensure ‘Clean water for all forever’, the Centre, in its capacity would adopt the following missions, which in turn, would guide its priorities, program and activities.
1. Towards a sustainable development and management of water resources through planning and involvement of stake holders and also caring environment and ecology.
2. To enhance the quality of life by ensuring water security for all sectors of society by providing necessary research and technology inputs, for different climatic zones.
3. Enabling people and organizations to become self-sufficient of their water requirement by offering ‘an effective solution on total water management’.
4. Tackle water challenges of a rapidly changing world where competing demands for different social sectors exist and also development of water in conjunction with environment and ecosystem.
5. Addressing R&D needs of water infrastructure development through a holistic approach on a multi-disciplinary platform.
6. Imparting training and helping in capacity building in water sector.